Inside for winter


The older blocks of flats in Edinburgh have a basement floor reached by a stone staircase from the street. Estate agents call them 'garden flats', because they most often have a back door which opens straight out onto a garden, sometimes a private garden, and it sounds better than 'basement'. Strolling along a street peeking into these basement areas and the interior of the flat is a great diversion - I'm sure I'm not the only Edinburgher who enjoys this. Here's one I came across where the owner is well prepared for winter weather - the garden gnomes have been tempted indoors, but are still keeping watch on their property.

Comments

  1. When you sent me the idea for blogs like this I was intrigued at your suggestion that we try ... but I thought "yeah, but when would I do that?" But now that I've had a chance to see a few of your posts I'm very inspired! I think we're going to have to give this a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do! You know my family is wanting to see chez vous year-round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gnomes are hilarious! Well-spotted!

    By the way (though of course you know) I wouldn't dare guarantee clear blue skies for your forthcoming Glasgow trip. Will horizontal rain do instead? Probably more likely :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts