Skywatch Friday - Scots on holiday


Can I stretch the boundaries of this blog to the south west of France? On the grounds that the photos were taken by Scots? Or because this Scot needs a reminder of sun and blue sky, on an evening where we've drawn the curtains by 9.30 pm and the rain clouds are pressing down on Edinburgh?

Above, the beach at Lacanau, to the west of Bordeaux. Part of the long, single stretch of sand that runs from above Bordeaux right down to the Spanish border.

Below, a plane advertises the nearest Aqualand. I have to admit that my children have not visited the museums and galleries of Paris, but are familiar with the Aqualands at le bassin d'Arcachon and Cap d'Agde in France, and Algarve in Portugal. Oh the shame.


The lovely beach at St Jean de Luz, near the Spanish border, on a day that was hot for us Scots, but evidently not for the French.


Below, the same beach on a day of acceptable temperatures.


Squadrons of clouds move in across the bay at Biarritz.


Looking across the border to the mountains of Spain.


If you're ever down that way, La Maison de Soussans, near Bordeaux, and Les Sables, in Les Landes, are lovely, welcoming places to stay. And for the most divine French food we've ever eaten, the Restaurant de la Nivelle, in the Basque country.

More skies from across the world are at Skywatch Friday.

Comments

  1. Yes I recognise Dunrobin Castle in the last picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can post as many pictures from a beautiful area like that as you want! I love seeing beach photos. I'm used to sunshine (300 days per year in my city) and warm summer weather (but sometimes bitter winter weather despite the sunshine), but there aren't any beaches within a thousand miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you have lovely holidays , i can understand you need some sun during summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely holiday you had, and what a surprise for me to visit your blog and see these scenes. Ah, the ocean, I remember the ocean, so far from my desert home.

    Thank you for sharing these lovely sky and water shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful shots! I love the contrast between the blue sky and the sand in the first one!

    As for Paris, don't feel bad...I'm going there in October and all I'm going to see is the blasted airport! Yup, my connection is long (4 hours) but not quite long enough to allow me to make it into the city for a few photos and back in time for my flight home :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice I can feel the warmth of the sun. Not sure that I would like to meet so many people on our local beaches though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of the beauty that surrounds you, Linda. Your photos of the gorgeous beaches and vistas are lovely.
    I also enjoyed a tour of your wonderful blog, Thanks for sharing your beautiful journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic captures. This beach looks like a amazing place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This area looks like a lovely vacation spot. I am glad for you to have had some time away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos.
    I prefer the beach on the cooler days when there are not many people about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what al lot of wonderful sky watch pics! Lovley clouds, deep blue and the beautiful sea! Like to be there..... A big hug from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful photos! You have me dreaming of places I've never been before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would make for a wonderful visit just seeing the sky and water. The sand looked inviting too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While you were in France, we were in Scotland. You got the better part weatherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts