12 kuvaa /photos - my walk to work June


"So, some tempestuous morn in early June,
When the year's primal burst of bloom is o'er,
Before the roses and the longest day -
When garden-walks and all the grassy floor
With blossoms red and white of fallen May
And chestnut-flowers are strewn-
So have I heard the cuckoo's parting cry,
From the wet field, through the vext garden-trees,
Come with the volleying rain and tossing breeze:
The bloom is gone, and with the bloom go I!"

from 'Thyrsis', by Matthew Arnold (1886)

Visit the 12 kuvaa/photos series for more changing views throughout the year.

May:



April:



March:



February:


January:


December:


November:


October:

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful series of photos. You have probably the most complete set of photos with season changes that I have ever seen. I hear you are having a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to each month's picture of your walk to work. It is interesting to see the changes month to month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful and green. I'm surprised not to see any snow in the wintertime shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the big question, Lina: Is B&Q still up and running?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I got every season in one setting! LOVE and MISS it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice serie and poem.
    So ou're one of the non Finnish contributor !

    ReplyDelete
  7. An unusual photo -- there are two pedestrians in the photo on this one. Love the series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts