Skywatch Friday - the long evenings


The long June evenings are here, and it's hard to go to bed, even when you know you've got an early start next day. One of the things I'll look forward to when I (eventually) retire is enjoying everything about the month of June. Especially the almost round the clock daylight. I'll savour every minute of these long days, and hibernate in the winter.

In the meantime, the sunset on 21 June drew us down to the sea at Newhaven Harbour. These shots were taken around 10.30 p.m. It was actually lighter than it appears - if I'd had a newspaper with me I could have read it quite comfortably.


More skies from around the world are at Skywatch Friday.

Comments

  1. beautiful - i love June too. It may be hard to go to bed but the sunny mornings and singing birds mean that it's much easier to get up too. Who wants to stay in bed when then sun shines! (and this year so far so good with summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular sunset shots. Very lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful SkyWatch photos

    Regards, Bram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like Alaska! Wonderful light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those long days from when I lived in Scotland. It was hard to get the kids to go to bed! The days are longer here too but it still gets dark about 9.
    The sky is beautiful in your photos!!!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous photos, I love the bright colors in the clouds! And sunset at 10È30 P.M.? Wow!!! The latest it sets here is about 9:00 lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful indeed. I envy you your long days up there in the north this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS SHOTS!!!! I oooo'd and ahhhh'd just from the teaser shot on my dashboard list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol... you got my clouds!! weather conditions must have been the same, eh? we got a similar sunset about 10 ish... interesting the difference a couple of hours up the country make. great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I find the nights hot and humid! I often sleep on the settee in the lounge as the room is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, lovely water, always a wonder to my desert eyes. These are great photos, thank you for sharing them with your Skywatch pals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful and so peaceful. The sun sets here about 9 pm so I envy your long days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are both such wonderful looking sunsets. I like seeing the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots Linda - Oh how I miss Scotland!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful shots... must be lovely to have such looooong days :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts